I frequently listen to music that comes out of the netlabels culture, both experimental and more conventional.
Netlabels represent the alternative, non-commercial culture that’s dedicated more to artistical freedom than to mainstream conventions. Most of the music is legally free to download and share.
On this page I keep a log of some of the finer releases I find.
noise, drone, free jazz, field recordings
- Scott Sherk - Quaker Meetinghouses: beautiful and evocative soundscape album
- Ophibre - REFERENCE: progressive abstract flow
- Alexander Baker - Any field recording, replayed, begins to dream…: a virtuosic field recording collage album
- Terence Lloren / Bivouac Recording - Sounds Of Shanghai: field recording album
- James Wyness - music born of solitude: chamber symphony for drones
- Heddy Boubaker - not smooth, never: cracky sound worlds of a saxophone
- Terje Paulsen - a posteriori: tactile, acoustic improvisation
- Markus Jones - send & receive .ep: delicate glitchy textures of a datacenter
- Julie Rousse - des restes humains: beautiful journey through a dynamic electroacoustic landscape
- Pedro Chambel, Bruno Duplant, Paco Rossique - Sonho Perdido: rich ambientish/concrete music-scape
- Shelter’s End - excerpt from extract: magnificent 27-minute-long ambient/noise composition charged with energy
- Hydra - L’antimatèria: rich concrete/noisy mosaic
- Sean Derrick Cooper Marquard - Sing Song: meditative, delicate noisy repetitiveness
- ZCPAPTT - Pot Domov Revisited: wow. lo-fi, minimalistic, meditative real-life recording of real life
- Ze- - Electronics Anonymous: melancholic and beautiful industrial (slightly dark) ambient
- Blore - Blore: sexy, intimate glitch-noise
- El ojo del huracán: delicate free jazz
- HKM+/diatribes/Piero SK/Rehnig/Sienknecht: delicate fusion of electronic, free-jazzy and noisy sounds
- The Black Iris Militia - Temple Core: darkly warm, slowly mutating harmonies
- Falling, More Slowly - Marsh and May: poetic recomposed free improvisation, employing accoustic instruments and field recordings
ambient, instrumental, etc
- Motorpig - Before eden
- Derek Nigell - Tender Twilight of Past Years: retro-vibe-ish space-synth-ambient release
- Skala Collective - Black Constellation: post-rock journey
- WHΛLTHISИEY - Thisintoxica - a calm ambient-glitch-melodic EP
- Delta M45 - Space Probe - a smooth space ambient journey with good balance of everything
- Andrew Cauthen - 05.12.25 Country - a dreamy filmish ambient album
- USIT - Jetlag Dreams: liquid guitar ambient
- Tuatha - Connecting Environments - A ‘90-ies-esque space-world-psy-ambient voyaje, dedicated to the memory of the band’s Max S.
- Head Joint - Travelling Beyond - A Klaus Schulze-inspired ambient/minimalistic/repetitive release on Petroglyph netlabel.
- Sai - Random Motion Of Particles: a beautiful ambient-ish post-rock LP album
- KRiOS - Marea: post-rock ambient
- Radere - Lost At Sea, I’m Never Coming Back
- ocp - FDS:
- Jerome Faria - Overlapse: ambiently
- offthesky + Radere - Temporaryspace: energetic progressive ambient/rock
- SPIT IT OUT - Terminal Mindstrip: calm dark ambient, good for concentration
- Beyond Absence - Complacency: instrumental ambient/jazz
- Gustavo Caldas - Broken Lights ep: tranquil, warm piano harmonies
Rock, pop, etc
- Penrose Paradox - Penrose Paradox - A post-metal spacey candy.